I am having issues with SYNC®* updates. What do I do?
If you encounter an error while installing the SYNC software update, verify the following:
- Ensure that the USB drive is formatted correctly to:
- exFAT for SYNC 3
- FAT32 for previous versions of SYNC
- Confirm that you correctly followed the steps to extract the file to the USB drive:
- Try deleting the downloaded files and downloading the update again. To download the SYNC update, visit help.ford.com and enter your VIN.
For additional troubleshooting tips, please select from the errors listed below:
- Memory Error (mem_003)
- Windows Error 0X80004005
- LST Extraction Error
- INSTL Installation Error
- Voice Recognition not Working after SYNC Update
- Out of Space/Bad Installation File Error
- Android Auto not Showing after SYNC Update
If you are still experiencing issues, contact Ford Motor Company at 800-392-3673 for additional assistance.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.