120 Days Out - Research your Choices
1. Assumes vehicle ownership will be transferred to Ford Credit to satisfy the balance of the balloon payment due under the terms of the Retail Installment Contract. You are responsible for any excess wear and use, excess mileage, and any other amounts due under the terms of the contract.
2. If you wish to refinance your balance with Ford Credit, you must contact us no later than 30 days prior to the balloon payment due date by mailing your request to Ford Credit, Attn: Maildrop 438, P.O. Box 689007, Franklin, TN 37068-9007, or by calling us at 1-800- 727-7000 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST, Mon-Fri). Refinance amount will include balloon balance and any other amounts due.
90 Days Out - Review Vehicle Condition
Step 1: Self-Assess Wear and Use
Visit the Options Renewal Guide to review the Wear and Use guidelines to help you assess the condition of your vehicle.
Step 2: Contract-End Inspection
Once you have completed the self-assessment using the Wear and Use guidelines, you can schedule a complimentary pre-inspection within 60-days of your final balloon payment. Please call 800-727-7000 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST, Mon-Fri) to initiate the inspection process.
Step 3: Vehicle Repairs
You are responsible for repairs if you transfer ownership to Ford Credit. Please contact your Ford Dealer if your vehicle needs any repairs. Your Ford Dealer has expert technicians and quality service along with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts to help ensure your vehicle is ready for return. Retain copies of all repair receipts to verify completed repairs when returning your vehicle.
60 Days Out - Decide on Next Steps
1. Trade-in your vehicle for a new Ford or Lincoln
2. Keep your current Ford: Pay off or refinance
3. Return your Ford: Transfer ownership* of your vehicle to Ford Credit to satisfy your balloon balance
*When you return your vehicle to Ford Credit in fulfillment of the final payment, you will owe a disposition fee of $475 to cover the cost of preparing your vehicle for resale or auction. Qualifying customers who purchase or lease a new Ford, Lincoln, Ford Blue Advantage®, or Lincoln Certified Pre-Owned vehicle are eligible for a waiver. See your Ford dealer for details.