How do I lock or unlock my Ford vehicle?
There are multiple ways to manually or remotely lock or unlock your vehicle, including the FordPass®* App as well as using your key fob. See the options below for more details.
- In-Vehicle Door Locks - Inside your vehicle, press the physical lock or unlock buttons.
- SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad - Using the number pad located on your driver's side door, enter your five-digit code. Visit our Keyless Entry topic for more details.
- Key Fob – Using your key fob, select the lock or unlock button.
- SYNC/FordPass® Connect** - When on the Home screen of FordPass, press and hold the Lock or Unlock icon.
- Phone As Key™† Passive Key - When your phone is within two meters of your vehicle, touch your door handle to unlock.
- Apple®†† Watch - When on the Home screen of FordPass from your watch, press and hold the Lock or Unlock icon.
How do I lock and unlock my car remotely with the FordPass App?
How do I troubleshoot locking or unlocking issues in FordPass?
What do I do if my keys are locked in my vehicle and I cannot use FordPass?
How do I use the Ford SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad?
How do I use the Passive Key functions?
How do I unlock or lock my vehicle using my Apple Watch?
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.
†Feature is available on select vehicles. Features may vary based on model year, trim, options, packages, and supply availability. Use the Build and Price tool to view feature availability on current models. If you have questions or need more information, reference your Owner’s Manual or contact your Ford Dealer.
††Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.