How do I lock and unlock my car remotely with the FordPass®* App?
To use the Remote Features with FordPass:
- Your vehicle must have SYNC/FordPass® Connect**.
- Your vehicle must be added to the Home tab.
- Your vehicle must be activated.
Important: The Guides do not have access to your remote commands. Therefore, they are unable to unlock, lock, or control your vehicle.
- Open the FordPass App.
- Navigate to the Home landing page.
- Press and hold the Unlock or Lock button for one second to unlock or lock your vehicle.
- Allow the white line to travel around the button edge.
- An alert will appear confirming that your vehicle has been unlocked or locked successfully.
- The alert banner displays for 10 seconds.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.