How do I lock and unlock my car remotely with the FordPass®* App?
When using the FordPass App, you have direct access to remotely lock and unlock your vehicle. Use the instructions below.
- FordPass Remote Commands are not substitutes for having your key fob on hand. You should not leave your key fob at home or inside your vehicle.
- Your vehicle still requires the presence of a key to put it in drive (D).
Remote lock/unlock is not a standard feature for all vehicles. The following conditions must be met:
- Your vehicle must be added to FordPass.
- Your vehicle must have the FordPass® Connect** embedded modem.
- Your modem must be activated.
Locking or Unlocking Your Vehicle
- Open the FordPass App.
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Select the specific vehicle if you have more than one vehicle added.
- Press and hold the Unlock or Lock button for one second, allowing the line to travel around the button's edge.
An alert will appear for 10 seconds confirming that your vehicle has been unlocked or locked successfully.
- If a door, trunk, or hood is ajar, the lock will fail, and a message will be displayed in FordPass.
- FordPass Guides do not have access to your remote commands. They are unable to unlock, lock, or control your vehicle.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.