How do I use Ford Assistant and Voice Commands with SYNC 4?
Vehicles equipped with Ford Assistant use the power of cloud connectivity and the existing available SYNC® 4 voice command system to help you take control of your journey. It’s a virtual expert on all things Ford vehicle related, and can:
- Assist with any vehicle diagnostic questions, like “What does that warning light mean?”
- Schedule maintenance with your nearest, or preferred, Ford Dealer
- Call Roadside Assistance*
- Access your planned trips (all-electric vehicles only)
- Provide real-time fuel/charge status with questions like “How much fuel/charge is left?”
Set Up Ford Assistant Though Facebook Messenger
You can also “chat” with your vehicle using your Facebook Messenger account. To get started:
- Make sure you have downloaded and signed into Facebook Messenger
- Select a vehicle within your account. Once you do that, you will be moved out of the Ford world, and a Ford Assistant chat will open on Facebook Messenger
- Facebook Messenger will ask you to set up, then verify, a unique PIN
- Once you have selected a PIN, you are ready to chat
It’s as simple as that. Now you have an ongoing Facebook Messenger chat to use when you need any answers about your Ford vehicle. Common questions range from the simple and diagnostic:
- Start my car**
- Lock my doors†
- Where’s my car?
- What does this light mean?
To mechanical and all-electric vehicle status:
- How do I take off my Bronco™ doors?
- What’s my tire pressure status?
- What’s my charge status?
- Change my charge schedule
Begin Using Ford Assistant
Activate FordPass Connect™ and turn on your Wake Word:
- Select Settings.
- Press Ford Assistant.
- Toggle the switch to On.
- If desired, tap Listen for Wake Word.
- “OK, Ford” is the default Wake Word. You can also change your Wake Word if you wish.
A short press of the push-to-talk (PTT) button on the steering wheel, as shown in the image below, can be used instead of the Wake Word. With Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay® compatibility, a long press of the PTT button will alert your connected Android or Apple device.
Voice Commands†† for Ford Vehicles
- Go back
- List of commands
- Next page/previous page (scrolls through voice lists only)
- Call Roadside Assistance*
- What is hill start assist?
- What can I do with MyKey®?
- Where are my USB ports?
- Where can I find a charge station?
- Find a charge location
- What’s my odometer reading?
- What is my oil level?
- Pair phone
- Call <name>
- Call <name> <on cell/at home/at work>
- Dial <number>
- Listen to message
- Destination <home/work/favorites/previous destination>
- Find <an address/POI/intersection>
- Where am I?
- Show route
- Cancel route
- Voice guidance on/off
- Show <3D/North up/heading up>
- Show <traffic/weather map/5-day forecast/fuel prices>
Climate (if equipped)
- Climate list of commands
- Climate set temperature <# degrees>
- AM <530–1710>
- FM <87.9–107.9>
- Bluetooth® Audio
- SiriusXM® with 360L <0–233>
- SiriusXM with 360L <channel name>
- List mobile apps
- Find new apps
- <App name>
- <App name> Help
*Roadside Assistance is included for certain owners and available to everyone for a per-service fee. Ford reserves the right to change program details without obligations. Ford Roadside Assistance is a complimentary offering to all Ford owners for up to 5 years or 60,000 miles (from the date of sale), whichever comes first. For EV owners: Beyond 35 miles, your vehicle will be taken to the closest public charger or EV-certified Ford Dealer.
**Automatic transmission only.
†Requires power door locks.
††Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.