What are Ford Power-Up software updates?
Ford Power-Up software updates help ensure your SYNC®* 4/4A-equipped vehicle receives the latest software and feature updates. These improvements include:
- SYNC updates
- Feature upgrades
- Security enhancements
- System fixes
How it works
- Ford Power-Up software updates are downloaded and installed using an external Wi‑Fi, such as your home's Wi-Fi, or through FordPass™ Connect (modem). Note: For faster updates, connect your vehicle to an external Wi-Fi.
- Some updates will happen seamlessly in the background while you are driving.
- Non-driveable updates require your vehicle to be turned off for a short period of time. You can schedule the update to occur when you do not need to drive your vehicle.
How to get started
- Connect your vehicle to an external Wi-Fi.
- Ensure Automatic Updates are turned on.
- Schedule a recurring schedule.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
FordPass™ Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
At purchase, the FordPass Connect modem is connected and sending vehicle data (e.g., diagnostics) to Ford. To disable, or for more information, see in-vehicle connectivity settings. Learn more at www.fordconnected.com.