How can I request a Technical Data Sheet for my Ford?
To request a Technical Data Sheet, contact the Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 or click LIVE CHAT.
Technical Data Sheets are provided for vehicles being imported and exported to and from the United States (U.S.) or Canada and were built for North American markets. Technical Data Sheets are available for vehicles with model years from 1967 to current. A Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) will be required to place an order.
How long does it take to process the request?
- 1991 or newer vehicles: Technical Data Sheets can be emailed within five business days of ordering.
- 1967-1990 model-year vehicles: It may take four to six weeks to retrieve the information.
What information is included in a Technical Data Sheet?
- Engine type/size
- Transmission type
- Tire size
- Steering & brake type
- General vehicle dimensions
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
- Axle & compression ratios
- Exhaust emission noise level
- Vehicle body type
- When and where the vehicle was manufactured; indicating that the vehicle complied with all applicable United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation safety and emissions requirements at the time of manufacture
The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is typically available for trucks, SUVs, and vans 1967-Current; however, the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is not available for cars older than model year 2005.
- The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is typically available for trucks, SUVs, and vans 1967-current; however, the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is not available for cars older than model year 2005.
- Foreign country importation requirements are complex, and the information needed varies by country. Consult with the foreign country's transportation agency or a certified importer in that country to fully understand what information is needed.
- VINs for vehicles with model years up to 1981 are 10 or 11 digits long.
- VINs for vehicles with model years 1982 to present are 17 digits long.
What is the Safety Compliance Certification Label?
How do I request a Compliance Letter?
Where can I download a VIN guide?