How do I use the Trailer Light Check feature in FordPass®*?
To use the Trailer Light Check feature in the FordPass App, you must:
- Have a compatible 2021 and later F-150** vehicle.
- Add your vehicle to FordPass.
- Activate your FordPass® Connect*** modem.
- Enable your vehicle's Connectivity Settings.
- Turn on your vehicle's ignition and remain in park.
- Ensure that your battery is in good status.
- Turn off any lights including brake lights, blinkers, hazard lights, and exterior lights.
- Log in to the FordPass App.
- Navigate to the Vehicle landing page.
- Select the Features & Settings header.
- Tap the Trailer Light Check tile.
- Review the light sequence.
- Tap Start to begin the light check.
- The signal will go to the cloud and the Start button will gray out until the command is returned.
- The Trailer Light Check is now in progress when Start changes to Stop.
- Select Stop, to end the light check at any time, select Stop. Note: FordPass should display a banner confirming the stop.
- Once the Trailer Light Check is complete, one of the following options will appear:
- Trailer Light Check Complete
- Something went wrong. Please try again.
If you experience any issues, please review the Trailer Light troubleshooting steps.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Feature is vehicle trim level specific.
***FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.