Why did the Ford Power-Up software update not start for my vehicle?
It could be as simple as the vehicle was not off, not in park, or the doors were open.
Requirements to Start a Ford Power-Up Software Update
The following items must be completed prior to attempting the next scheduled software update or you may receive an error message:
- Your vehicle is stopped and parked.
- Your parking brake is set.
- The update is scheduled for before or after 12 a.m. (not exactly 12 a.m.).
- Your vehicle's ignition is off.
- All your doors are closed.
- Your headlights are turned off.
- Your vehicle was driven for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to avoid low battery.
Note: This will help ensure you have enough battery charge to complete the update, but is not a guarantee.
Important: If any of the above conditions are not met, you will receive a "Vehicle Not Updated" message on your SYNC®** screen. Address the reason contained in the message before the next scheduled update. If you are still receiving error messages for the failed update, contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 or select Start Chatting to chat online with a representative.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.