How Do I Use Ford Cruise Control?
When activated, Cruise Control lets you maintain a set speed without keeping your foot on the accelerator pedal. You can use Cruise Control when your vehicle speed is greater than 20 mph (30 km/h).
The cruise controls are on the steering wheel.*
Setting the Cruise Control Speed
- Press ON on the cruise control switch on your steering wheel.
- The indicator light will appear in the information display. The indicator changes color to indicate the system status.
- Drive to your desired speed.
- Press SET.
- Take your foot off the accelerator.
Changing the Set Speed
- Press SET to change the set speed in small increments.
- Press and hold either button to change the set speed in large increments. Release the button when you reach the speed you prefer.
- Press the accelerator or brake pedal until you reach the speed you prefer. Press SET.
- Press the accelerator or brake pedal until you reach the desired speed. Press SET.
Canceling Cruise Control
Press the Cancel (CNCL) or X button on the steering wheel or apply the brakes.
Resuming Cruise Control
To resume after canceling, press the RES button.
Beyond Conventional Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control. If your vehicle is equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control, it can let you maintain a preset speed and distance from the vehicle ahead.
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go. Available Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go technology not only lets you keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead, it can also help you come to a complete stop.
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering. This version of available Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go adds Lane Centering that can detect lane marking to help you keep your vehicle centered in the lane.
Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control. Available Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control includes the features of Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering and adds Speed Sign Recognition, which can automatically adjust the set speed of your vehicle to the posted speed limit.
*Location and appearance of buttons may vary. See your Owner's Manual for information specific to your vehicle.
Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle. See your Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.