I am having issues with the Wi-Fi Hotspot* in my Ford. What do I do?
To use the FordPass™ Connect** Wi-Fi Hotspot feature:
- Your vehicle must be equipped with FordPass Connect.
- Your vehicle must be equipped with Wi-Fi capabilities.
- Your FordPass Connect modem must be activated.
If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi, verify the following:
- Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Touch Settings on your SYNC®*** 3 screen > Wi-Fi Hotspot > Vehicle Hotspot > Toggle to ON.
- Ensure the device you are trying to connect to the hotspot is within 50 feet of the vehicle.
- If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password, log in using your new password.
- Ensure you are not trying to connect a device while the vehicle is in motion at greater than 5 mph.
- Check to see if the device is not on the Blocked Devices list.
- Touch Settings on your SYNC 3 screen > Wi-Fi Hotspot > Vehicle Hotspot > Settings > Manage Devices > Manage Blocked Devices.
- If you recently performed a Master Reset, all devices will be disconnected and the vehicle will return to factory default settings.
If the above steps did not resolve the issues, contact our Customer Relationship Center via chat or call us at 800-392-3673.
Is my vehicle equipped with a Wi-Fi hotspot?
How do I enable the Wi-Fi hotspot in my vehicle?
How to connect to the vehicle's hotspot?
How do I find the password for my Wi-Fi hotspot?
*Wi‑Fi hotspot includes wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3 GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the complimentary subscription period for remote features. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspots.
***Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.