How do I use text messaging with SYNC®* 3?
Before using text messaging, perform the following steps on your phone:
- Make sure your phone is paired. Learn how to pair your phone.
- Ensure SYNC text notifications are enabled.
- Go to Settings.
- Set Bluetooth®** to ON.
- Touch the Information icon that appears to the right of the SYNC name.
- Set Show Notifications to ON.
- Set SYNC Contacts to ON.
Note: These are general steps. For specific information, refer to your phone's user manual or contact your cellphone provider.
When you receive a text message on your phone, a prompt will appear on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
You can choose to:
- Hear the message.
- View on your touchscreen.
- Call the contact.
- Reply using a list of preset messages.
- iPhones®*** do not allow in-vehicle callback or text reply capability.
- Some features in text messaging are not available when your vehicle is traveling at speeds more than 3 mph.
- Recent SYNC 3 software versions have removed the alert for unread text messages when you start your vehicle. You will still receive alerts for unread text messages when your phone is paired and you are driving.
- SYNC 3 will not download any text messages that have already been read.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
***iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.