How do I enable and disable Android Auto™* with SYNC®**?
Android Auto is managed with your in-vehicle SYNC screen, and can turned on or off with the instructions in this article.
Important: Some SYNC features, such as the optional navigation system, will not be available when using Android Auto.
Identifying Your Vehicle's SYNC Generation
There are two resources to help you identify your vehicle's SYNC generation:
- SYNC and Navigation Updates page, which allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Login with your Ford credentials, and select Check for update. Your current SYNC generation will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- SYNC Visual Reference Guide, which has example images of each generation of SYNC Ford has offered.
Enabling/Disabling Android Auto with SYNC
Select your SYNC generation from the drop-down options below:
To enable or disable Android Auto with SYNC 4A:
- Select the vehicle icon on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Settings.
- Select Phone List.
- If Android Auto is not already enabled, press Connect Android Auto to enable.
- To disable Android Auto, select Disable Android Auto.
To enable or disable Android Auto with SYNC 4:
- Select Phone on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Press Phone List.
- Select your phone from the Phone List.
- If Android Auto is not already enabled, press Connect to Android Auto to enable.
- To disable Android Auto, select Disconnect.
To enable or disable Android Auto with SYNC 3:
- Select Settings.
- Swipe to Android Auto Preferences.
- Choose your phone from the list of devices.
- To enable Android Auto, press Enable.
- To disable Android Auto, press Enable, then select Disable from the available options.
*Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
**Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.