How Do I Maintain the Shocks and Struts in My Ford Vehicle?
Shocks and struts are some of the most important suspension parts on your vehicle. Healthy shocks and struts control your vehicle's body movement and help keep it from bouncing up and down on bumpy roads.
Ford Motor Company recommends that you have your shocks and struts checked at each maintenance visit. However, you may want to have a suspension system inspection done sooner if:
- Your vehicle frequently bounces
- Your vehicle no longer handles or brakes the way it used to
- Your tires lose their grip on the road
- You experience audible vibration or noise
- You see excessive or uneven tire wear
- You see fluid leaks from your shocks or struts
- You see dents, holes, or other damage on your shocks or struts.