What is the wireless charging pad in my Ford?
The available wireless charging pad allows you to charge your compatible smartphone without using a cord.
Locating the Charging Pad
The charging pad may be located in the center console of your vehicle or lower instrument panel. Refer to your Owner's Manual for information specific to your vehicle.
Using the Charging Pad
To begin charging, place your compatible device on the charging pad with the charging side down. It automatically senses and begins charging the device. The charging stops after your device reaches a full charge.
You can charge a device if the vehicle is on, in accessory mode, or anytime SYNC®* is on.
Watch the video below for a visual guide to using the wireless charging pad:
Key Points to Remember
- The system supports one QI wireless charging compatible device in the charging area.
- Do not place items with a magnetic strip (e.g., passports, parking tickets, or credit cards) near the charging area when charging a device. Damage may occur to the magnetic strip.
- Do not place metal objects (e.g., remote controls, coins, or candy wrappers) on or near the charging area when charging a device. Metal objects may heat up and degrade the charging performance.
- For compatible devices with built-in Qi wireless charging capability, the charging performance may be affected if your device is in a case. It may be necessary to remove the case to wirelessly charge your device.
- Keep the charging area clean and remove foreign objects prior to charging a device.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.