What is the Ford Mobile Power Cord?
Ford all-electric vehicles (BEVs) include the Ford Mobile Power Cord that provides Level 1 and Level 2 charging capability at home as well as other destinations. With the Ford Mobile Power Cord and a standard 120V outlet, Ford estimates you can add an average range of 3 miles per charging hour and you can add an average range of 20 miles per charging hour with the higher power 240V outlet.*
Ask a licensed electrician to install a 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet in a convenient location for charging at your home. These Installation Specs will help them get it right. A 240V connection gives you the freedom to charge overnight so you can start every day with the electric equivalent of a “full tank”.
Ford Mobile Power Cord Basics
- Backed by Ford Motor Company 3-year limited warranty.**
- Works with J1772 plugs (EV industry standard).
- The Ford Mobile Power Cord offers up to 32 amps to increase your home charging speed for your Ford electric vehicle.2
Ford Mobile Power Cord Specs
- Connector uses industry standard/universal SAE J1772 connector. Compatible with electric vehicles on the market today (that are compliant with SAE J1772).
- Up to 7.36 kW/32-amp output for SAE
- Dynamic color LED lights show power and charging status
- Capable for both indoor and outdoor use
- IP-66 rated when connected
- Lightweight cable: length is 20 ft.
- Input voltage: 120V or 240V
- Input frequency: 60Hz
- Weight: 9.5 lbs
- In the Ford Mobile Power Cord carrying case:
- Ford Mobile Power Cord
- 20-ft. cable and charge coupler
- Low Power Connector (120V)
- High Power Connector (240V NEMA 14-50)
- Wall bracket
*When equipped with an extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive. Range and charge time based on manufacturer computer engineering simulations and EPA-estimated range calculation methodology. When equipped with an Extended range battery and rear-wheel drive. The charging rate decreases as battery reaches full capacity. Your results may vary based on peak charging times and battery state of charge. Actual vehicle range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.
**See your dealer for limited-warranty details.
†Ford Electric Vehicles include the all-electric Mustang Mach-E and Ford Plug-in Electric Vehicles. Home charging refers to AC charging. (https://www.energy.gov/eere/electricvehicles/charging-home).
††Charging times vary based on household circuit amperage