How do I reverse pair a phone with SYNC®* with Voice-Activated Navigation?
Before pairing your phone and SYNC using Reverse Pairing, do the following:
- Your phone's Bluetooth®** will need to be turned on for pairing.
- Ensure your phone is in discoverable mode.
- If a phone is deleted/removed from SYNC or SYNC is deleted/removed from a device, a new pairing will be required.
- The vehicle must be completely stopped (e.g. in park) to pair a phone.
- The pairing process can be different on each phone. Watching both the phone and the SYNC system for any messages is the best way to successfully pair a phone.
Reverse Pairing Your Phone - SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
- Press the PHONE hard button on the system.
- The screen may read "NO PHONE CONNECTED." Press the Settings tab on the touchscreen.
- Press Add. A six-digit PIN will appear in the radio display. Press FIND OTHER DEVICES.
- The vehicle will search for nearby discoverable Bluetooth devices. Once SYNC is finished searching, it will display the devices it has found. Select the device you wish to pair.
- The vehicle will ask you to provide a PIN. We recommend entering "0000" and selecting Enter.
- Your phone should prompt you with a message that SYNC wants to pair to it. The phone will likely ask you to enter the PIN that you choose in step 5. Enter that PIN and select the Ok or Enter button on your phone.
- Listen and watch for any prompts on the SYNC and/or phone screen. Make sure to answer any questions that either device asks.
Back to Reverse Pairing a Phone
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.