How do I extract the SYNC®* update files to my flash drive using a Mac?
After downloading the SYNC update files to your Mac, you will need to extract the files to a flash drive.
Note: If you have not yet downloaded the files, visit the Update your SYNC System with a Flash Drive page and follow the instructions.
Before extracting the file, make sure that the browser you are using will not automatically unarchive the file. This is a safety measure and may not always be needed.
- On Safari, go to Preferences.
- From the general screen, unselect the Open "safe" files after downloading button.
- Download The Unarchiver app.
- Right-click on the downloaded file that will be located in your download folder or saved to your desktop. Note: The file may have a different name than shown in the example below.
- Select Open With, then click on the Unarchiver.
- The file will be extracted and placed next to the zip file.
- Open the folder that has been extracted.
- Drag the files from that folder onto your formatted flash drive. Note: Some downloads may not have the DONTINDXMSA file depending on your SYNC version.
You are now ready to transfer the extracted files to your vehicle. Insert the loaded flash drive into your vehicle. SYNC will automatically initiate the software update installation process. It may take up to five minutes to start. Once it starts, wait for the update files to completely install.
Reporting a successful SYNC installation
After you've installed the latest SYNC software update in your vehicle using a flash drive, be sure to report the successful installation. This will allow us to alert you to other important system updates in the future. You will need your computer for this step.
- Insert the flash drive you used for the update into your computer.
- Go to the SYNC software update page.
- Scroll down to Step Three: Confirm Update.
- Click on Browse for log file.
- Browse the flash drive you used to update your SYNC system.
- Select the XML log file in the "SYNCMyRide" folder. Example: sync_48474463_1A2B3C4D5E6F8G8H9.xml
- Your filename will differ because it will contain your Vehicle Identification Number.
Did you know?
Depending on the size of the update, you may need to restore your previous settings such as:
- Pairing your phone. Learn how to pair your phone.
- Resetting your radio presets.
- Resetting your navigation points of interest.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, contact the Customer Relationship Center by calling 800-392-3673 or clicking LIVE CHAT.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.