How do I use voice commands with SYNC®* 4A?
You will need to activate Voice Commands to use a “wake word” to talk to your vehicle.
To turn on Voice Commands:
- Tap the Vehicle image on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Select Settings.
- Press Voice Control.
- Tap Listen for Wake Word.
“OK, Ford” is the default wake word, but the other options include “OK, FordPass®,” “OK Ford SYNC,” or “Hello Ford.”
A short press of the Push-to-Talk (PTT) button on the steering wheel, as shown in the image below, can be used instead of the wake word. A long press of the PTT button will alert Android Auto™** or Apple CarPlay®***, if connected.
See below for commonly used SYNC 4A voice commands:
- Go back
- List of commands
- Next page/previous page (scrolls through voice lists only)
- Phone list of commands
- Pair phone
- Call <name>
- Call <name> <on cell/at home/at work>
- Dial <number>
- Listen to message
- Navigation list of commands
- Destination <home/work/favorites/previous destination>
- Find <an address/POI/intersection>
- Where am I?
- Show route
- Cancel route
- Voice guidance on/off
- Show <3D/North up/heading up>
- SiriusXM®**** Traffic and Travel Link* list of commands
- Show <traffic/weather map/5-day forecast/fuel prices>
Climate (if equipped)
- Climate list of commands
- Climate set temperature <# degrees>
- AM <530-1710>
- FM <87.9-107.9>
- Bluetooth®***** audio
- Sirius <0-233>
- Sirius channel name>
- List mobile apps
- Find new apps
- <App name>
- <App name> Help
Back to SYNC Voice Commands
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
***Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
****Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
*****The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.