Why are my Scheduled Remote Starts not working in FordPass®*?
If your Scheduled Starts are not working properly, attempt the steps below:
- Confirm your scheduled start times in the FordPass App.
Note: FordPass does not automatically make adjustments for Daylight Savings Time. For example, if your scheduled start is for 9 a.m., your new starts will be:
- Forward one hour (March) - 10 a.m.
- Back one hour (November) - 8 a.m.
- If your scheduled remote start is starting your vehicle at the wrong time, you will need to manually update your scheduled start times in FordPass.
Note: You can try one or both of the following:
- Edit your existing remote start time.
- Delete your existing start and create a new start.
- Ensure you are logged into FordPass with the correct Authorized Username.
- Check your instrument cluster to see if Remote Start is turned Off. Off is represented by an empty box. To do this:
- Access your vehicle and use the dashboard instrument cluster.
- Using the 5 way directional pad on your steering wheel, navigate to Settings.
- Press OK.
- Scroll to Vehicle.
- Press OK.
- Scroll to Remote Start.
- Press OK.
- Scroll to System and confirm that it is set to On. On is represented by a checked box.
- Ensure that your cellular reception is strong enough.
- Check the signal strength on a personal device while you are in your vehicle. This will allow you to estimate the vehicle’s cellular reception. If your signal strength is low:
- Move your vehicle to a different location with improved signal strength.
- Initiate the Remote lock command to ensure your vehicle is receiving a signal.
- Confirm your hood and trunk are closed.
- Check your vehicle dashboard for warning lights.
- Resolve any Check Engine light concerns to be able to use Remote Start via FordPass.
- Verify the Check Engine Light is off.
- Check the FordPass message center for Check Engine light notifications.
- Resolve any Check Engine light concerns in order to use Remote Start via FordPass.
- Check to see if a previously Scheduled Remote Start event did not shut off automatically.
- If your vehicle was not driven after a Scheduled Remote Start event, the next scheduled remote start will not occur.
- If you did not drive your vehicle, instead of having your vehicle start every day, ensure the future scheduled remote starts are toggled to off.
If you continue to encounter issues, please contact a Guide for additional assistance.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.