How do passive key controls work with Phone As A Key™*?
Passive functions allow you to control certain vehicle operations as long as your device is in close range of your vehicle.
Passive Key Controls
- Passive lock/unlock (Walk Away Locking)
- Vehicle on/off access
- Hands-free liftgate** opening access
Passive Key Requirements
To use passive functions, you must:
- Activate a Phone As A Key device.
- Have Bluetooth®† version 4.2+.
- Have the activated Phone As A Key device with you.
- Be logged into FordPass®††.
- Have FordPass running in the background of your device.
- Be within 2 meters of the connected vehicle.
*Feature is available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones. Features may vary based on model year, trim, options, packages, and supply availability. If you have questions or need more information, reference your Owner’s Manual or contact your Ford Dealer.
†The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
††The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.