How do I use Valet Mode with Phone As A Key?
In order to use Phone As A Key with FordPass™, you must:
- Have the app downloaded to your device.
- Have an active FordPass account and be logged in.
- Have a properly equipped vehicle added to the app.
- Currently the Ford Mach-E.
- Enable your Customer Connectivity Settings (CCS).
- Authorize your embedded modem.
- Enable your phone's Bluetooth®.
- Bluetooth version must be 4.2+.
- Supported mobile device running Android 8.0+ or iOS 13.0+.
Once your valet passcode is created, these are the instructions your valet attendant will need to access your vehicle using the passcode:
- Enter the first 5 digits of the temporary code on the door keypad to unlock the vehicle.
- Press the brake and Push to Start button.
- SYNC® will prompt the valet to enter the temporary passcode.
- Once the full 8 digit passcode is entered, SYNC will display that the password was accepted.
- Press the brake and Push to Start button in order to start the vehicle.
Note: If the valet taps Exit Valet Mode on SYNC , the passcode will be made void, the vehicle will automatically exit valet mode, and a new passcode will need to be generated.
How do I create a valet mode passcode?