How do I use Valet Mode with Phone As A Key™*?
To use Phone As A Key with FordPass®**, you must:
- Have FordPass downloaded to your device.
- Have an active FordPass account and be logged in.
- Have a properly equipped vehicle added to FordPass.
- Have either facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, or a passcode set up on your mobile device.
- Enable your Customer Connectivity Settings (CCS).
- Authorize your embedded modem.
- Enable your phone's Bluetooth®***.
- Bluetooth version must be 4.2+.
- Supported mobile device running Android™**** 8.0+ or iOS®*****13.0+.
Once your valet passcode is created, these are the instructions your valet attendant will need to access your vehicle using the passcode:
- Enter the first five digits of the temporary code on the door keypad to unlock the vehicle.
- Press the brake and Push to Start button.
- SYNC®****** will prompt the valet to enter the temporary passcode.
- Once the full eight-digit passcode is entered, SYNC will display that the password was accepted.
- Press the brake and Push to Start button in order to start the vehicle.
Note: If the valet taps Exit Valet Mode on SYNC, the passcode will be made void, the vehicle will automatically exit valet mode, and a new passcode will need to be generated.
How do I create a valet mode passcode?
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
***The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
****Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
*****iOS is a service mark of Apple Inc.
******Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.