How do I set up Ford Assistant to use Facebook Messenger?
In order to use the Ford Assistant Facebook Messenger with FordPass® you must:
- Have a compatible SYNC® 4A equipped vehicle with Enhanced Voice Recognition.
- Currently the 2021 Edge and Mach-E.
- Have Ford Assistant set up on your vehicle.
- Have a compatible device that can run FordPass and Facebook Messenger.
- Click here for app phone compatibility details.
The Ford Assistant can only be used to communicate with one vehicle at a time. If you have multiple eligible vehicles, complete your onboarding on a separate device, but be sure to use your same login credentials.
- On your device, open Facebook Messenger.
- Search for the Ford Assistant app.
- Tap Get Started.
- The Ford Assistant will begin the onboarding process.
- Select Confirm eligibility when prompted.
- The list of compatible vehicles will display.
- Tap Go to FordPass, if your vehicle is eligible.
- If you have the app installed, you will be presented with the FordPass Home screen.
- If you do not have the app installed, you will be directed to your respective app store to download FordPass and then to create an account.
- On the My News section of the Home screen, select the Ford Assistant or Your New Assistant tile.
- Select Set Up Ford Assistant Now.
- Review the various sections of the Overview page, which are.
- Learn About Your Ford
- Get Help From Ford
- Control Your Vehicle
- Connected Capabilities
- Charging Scheduling & Alerts
- Tap Start Setup.
- Select Let's Go to complete the next steps.
- Select Cancel Setup if you do not want to proceed.
- Select Sounds Good if you agree to the terms.
- Select No, thanks. Cancel. if you do not want to proceed.
- To review your privacy settings, tap Manage settings in your privacy dashboard.
- To start your chat, tap OK, Go To Messenger.
- You can now start asking questions using Ford Assistant with Facebook Messenger.
What is the Ford Assistant Facebook Messenger feature?