How do I use Ford BlueCruise* with SYNC®** 4A?
To use BlueCruise, you must enable it using SYNC and activate it with your steering wheel.
- Click on the Vehicle icon on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Touch Settings.
- Tap Driver Assistance.
- Select Cruise Control.
- Press Lane Centering with Hands-Free.
- Touch Activation Prompts.
Activate BlueCruise via the Steering Wheel
Once BlueCruise is enabled, an activation prompt will appear on the instrument cluster.
- Press the Adaptive Cruise Control button on the steering wheel when the green BlueCruise activation prompt appears on the instrument cluster.
- Press the Lateral Support button on the steering wheel to activate BlueCruise.
- BlueCruise can be switched off by pressing either the Lateral Support or Adaptive Cruise Control button when the system is active or in standby mode.
- The feature will only work on dedicated Blue Zone Highways.
- Ford BlueCruise uses blue lighting on the digital instrument cluster to indicate when your vehicle is in a hands-free zone.
- Your hands must be on the steering wheel with your eyes on the road for BlueCruise to remain active.
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment, and need to control the vehicle.BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner's Manual for detail and limitations. Requires Ford Connect activation through the FordPass® App (see FordPass Terms for details) and a FordPass Member Account. Connected services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.