Why is my activation pending in FordPass®*?
If you tried to activate your vehicle and received an Activation Pending status, please check the following:
- When attempting to accept the in-vehicle prompt, ensure that your vehicle is:
- On, running, in park, and in an open area with good cellular service.
- Your vehicle must be running and not in Accessory mode.
- Check your cellular strength and or Wi-Fi connection.
- Wi-Fi connection
- If Wi-Fi is turned off, turn Wi-Fi on and attempt to connect.
- If Wi-Fi is turned on, turn Wi-Fi off and attempt to connect using cellular data.
- Cellular connection
- If cellular data is turned off, turn cellular data on and attempt to connect.
- If cellular data is turned on, turn cellular data off and attempt to connect using Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi connection
- Are you connected to Bluetooth®** in your vehicle? If so, disconnect your device from Bluetooth and try the activation again.
- Has it been longer than 90 seconds since you tried to activate? If not, wait at least 90 seconds for your vehicle to populate the acceptance prompt.
- Were you able to use commands in the past?
- If so, did you create a second FordPass account after deleting FordPass or attempting to log in?
- If yes, you may have another email address that contains your authorized vehicle. Please log out and try logging in with your other email address.
- Are you getting a message that the vehicle has already been activated?
- Yes, but I am the only user - You may have another email address that contains your authorized vehicle. Please log out and try logging in with your other email address.
- Yes, but I am a secondary user - You will need approval from an authorized user.
- Tap the Request Authorization tab if you will be an additional command user.
- A message will be sent to all current activated users.
- They will receive a message in their app of your request.
- Once approved, you will have command access.
If you attempted/confirmed the steps above and your vehicle did not activate, please select to Contact a Guide.
Note: If you want to activate a vehicle and remove all existing activated users, you can perform a Master Reset.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.