Do I need to plug in first or do I activate a public charger with my FordPass®* App first?
There will be instructions on the charge station you are visiting that will direct you to either plug in first or activate first. Please follow the instructions at the charge station you are at to begin your charge session.
Important: When at a ChargePoint station, ensure you activate the charger in FordPass App before you plug the connector into your vehicle.
Activating a Charge Station for Payment through the FordPass App
Using your FordPass App:
- Locate the charging station you are at by selecting View Charger or by looking for the charge station on the FordPass App map.
- Press on the charge station where you are located.
- Tap on DC CCS (DC Fast Charger) or J-1772 (slower AC charger) depending on the charge speed available or your preference.
- Press Select next to the charger your vehicle is plugged into.
- Scroll down and tap Activate.
Once the charger screen is at the ready state, plug the connector into your vehicle. Your charge session should begin.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.