Can I charge my Ford electric vehicle at a Tesla Supercharger*?
Ford electric vehicles (EVs) can now charge at select Tesla Supercharger locations in North America via a Magic Dock adapter built into their stations.
You can find Magic Dock-equipped locations through the FordPass®** App or your vehicle's Connected Navigation system.
- Tesla Superchargers are not currently included in the BlueOval™ Charge Network (BOCN).
- Payment for using a Tesla Supercharger must be completed through the Tesla App, available on the App Store and Google Play store***.
- If you are in need of charging support while using a Magic Dock-equipped Tesla Supercharger, contact Tesla directly through the Tesla App.
Parking at a Tesla Supercharger
Site layout and cable length may make it difficult to reach the charge port on your vehicle. When parking at a Tesla Supercharger and enabling the cable to reach your vehicle, you should:
- Be respectful of other site users.
- Observe posted parking ordinances.
- Take care not to block traffic or park illegally.
- Take notice of any posts, barriers, or parking stops that may cause damage to your vehicle when parking.
Charging at Tesla Superchargers in the Future
As we prepare to add Tesla Superchargers to the BlueOval Charge Network, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
How will I use a Supercharger without a Magic Dock?
When the Tesla Supercharger network is added to the BOCN in 2024, Ford drivers will gain access to thousands of additional Tesla Superchargers – including many without Magic Docks. At these locations, Ford vehicles will need an adapter.
Where will I be able to get the adapter to charge at Tesla Superchargers without Magic Docks?
Tesla is developing an adapter to allow Ford vehicles to charge at Tesla Superchargers without Magic Docks. Ford will have more information to share about the adapter closer to launch in 2024.
Which Tesla Superchargers will be available to Ford vehicles?
Ford drivers will be able to view the expanded list of Tesla Superchargers available to Ford vehicles in the FordPass App as we launch in 2024.
Note: V2 Tesla Superchargers are not capable of charging non-Tesla EVs and will continue to be unavailable.
* Ford does not control any aspect of Tesla Superchargers, including the availability of locations that are open to non-Tesla vehicles, charge station layout and cable lengths, and charging prices, including any idle fees.
** The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
*** App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google, Google Play, and Android are trademarks of Google Inc.