What to Know Before You Go.
Time to visit a dealership to get a new car? Before you go, use this handy checklist to prepare for the visit.
- Watch buy or lease video to help decide which is best for you
- Determine your monthly car budget
- Estimate your monthly payment with the payment calculator
- Compare term lengths to future maintenance and market value
- Plan for a down payment, fees and taxes.
- Shop for car insurance
Before you go:
What to bring to the dealership:
- Apply online Pre-approval notification, if any
- Driver’s license (or government ID)
- Proof of income: W2s, paystubs or a letter of employment
- Proof of residence: apartment lease, bank statement, pay stub or utility bill showing your name and address
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Source of down payment
- Trade-in: vehicle title, registration, all original equipment