How do I activate the BlueOval™ Charge Network?
Activating the BlueOval Charge Network (BOCN) for your charging needs is quick and easy. Follow the instructions below to connect your modem and activate the BOCN through the FordPass App.
Before You Get Started
You will need to:
- Access your vehicle.
- Have the FordPass App* downloaded. If you do not have the App downloaded, you can visit either the App Store®** or Google Play™ to install.
Activating the BlueOval Charge Network
- Confirm your order.
- Enter initials to confirm the connection.
In the FordPass App
- Add your vehicle in the FordPass App.
- Select Activate Vehicle from the home screen.
- Go to your vehicle and turn on accessory mode. You will automatically be prompted to enable FordPass through the SYNC screen.
Note: If you are not automatically prompted, contact us through Account > Help for assistance.
- Press Yes to complete connecting your vehicle's modem to FordPass.
Your vehicle's modem will now be connected to your FordPass App. Continue to Activating BOCN Access to proceed with finalizing activation.
Troubleshooting Tips If You Are Unable To Activate FordPass Connect
- If you receive a "Feature Unavailable for fleet vehicles" message, contact us through Account > Help for additional assistance.
- If you experience activation issues, try the Activation Pending Troubleshooting topic.
- If you had command access before and changed devices or lost your phone, please refer to the following for best practices:
If your troubleshooting is still unsuccessful, contact us through Account > Help for additional assistance.
You will need to activate the BOCN through your FordPass App.
- Open the FordPass App.
- Select the Home screen.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Connected Services.
- Select Activate Trial.
- Select Next and follow the onscreen prompts to add your credit card and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Confirm your activation by pressing Confirm Activation.
Once you receive the confirmation email, your BOCN trial will now be available.
*FordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. FordPass® Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass® App and complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass® Terms for details). Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
**App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.
†Screens are not representative and are for demonstration purposes only. Actual screens vary depending on make and model. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, and lithium-ion battery age.