Why was my Ford warranty coverage denied?
Ford Motor Company may deny warranty coverage for a repair even though your vehicle may still be within the New Vehicle Limited or Powertrain Warranty period.
Warranty coverage is determined by the Ford Dealer as part of the diagnosis process for a requested repair. It is possible that an individual repair may be denied, but the vehicle warranty remains in effect for other valid warranty repairs.
Reasons for warranty denial may include the following:
- The vehicle has not been properly maintained.
- The vehicle concern was caused by improper operation.
- The vehicle has been modified.
- The warranty has been voided.
- The title has been branded.
The above list is provided as a reference and does not cover all situations. For more information on warranty coverage, refer to your Warranty Guide online or located in your glovebox or contact your Ford Dealer.