What is not covered by the Ford Warranty?
Damage resulting when some conditions occur including:
- Accidents, collisions, or objects striking the vehicle
- Theft, vandalism, or riot
- Fire or explosion
- Using contaminated or improper fuel/fluids
- Driving through water deep enough to cause water to be ingested into the engine
- Improper maintenance
Damage caused by use and/or the environment including:
- Stone chips, scratches
- Dings, dents
- Road salt, tree sap
- Lightning, hail, windstorm
- Freezing, water, or flood
Damage caused by alteration or modification including:
- Alterations or modifications of the vehicle
- Tampering with the vehicle
- Installation or use of non-Ford parts or softwares such as oversized tires, alarm systems, automatic starting systems
Maintenance and wear items including:
- Oil changes
- Oils, lubricants, other fluids
- Engine tune-up
- Tire rotation/inflation
These lists are provided as a reference and do not cover all situations. Refer to your Warranty Guide or consult your Ford Dealer for additional information.
What is the warranty on tires?
What does the paint warranty cover?
Why was my warranty canceled?
Is my vehicle under warranty?