What do I do if Android Auto™* is not showing after updating SYNC®** 3?
If you experience issues with Android Auto after performing a SYNC 3 update, follow the troubleshooting tips below:
- Perform a master reset. Make sure to let the master reset finish.
Note: A SYNC Master Reset returns the system to its factory default settings. You will need to pair your phone again and restore any previously selected settings.
- Press Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
- Tap General.
- Press the scroll bar or swipe vertically until you see Master Reset.
- Press Master Reset. A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear.
- Press Continue.
- A Resetting to factory defaults message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.
- Ensure that the Welcome animation appears after the reset is done.
- Perform a key cycle
- Turn the vehicle off.
- Open the driver’s door and lock the door.
- Close the driver’s door.
- Wait two minutes and ensure the radio display turns off completely.
- Restart the vehicle.
- Ensure that the Welcome animation appears.
- Wait for the Home screen to show.
- Insert the USB drive and start the update again. To download the SYNC update, visit ford.com/support and enter your VIN.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact your Ford Dealer for assistance.
How do I extract the SYNC update files to my flash drive?
How do I report a successful SYNC update installation?
How do I format my flash drive to update SYNC?
*Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.