How do I use MyKey to limit the speed my teenager can drive, and the volume of his or her music?
MyKey® technology can help parents encourage their teenagers to drive responsibly.
MyKey allows you to program any key to a restricted driving mode setting that promotes good habits, such as increasing seat belt use, limiting vehicle top speeds and decreasing audio volume.3
Create a MyKey:
- Insert key into ignition (or backup slot if your vehicle is equipped with push-button start).
- Switch ignition on.
- Select Settings > MyKey > Create MyKey.
- Press and hold OK button until a message appears prompting you to designate your key as a MyKey.
Configure global MyKey settings:
- Switch ignition on, using "admin key" or fob. (The key you choose not to program will serve as your master or "admin key.")
- Select Settings > MyKey.
- Select MyKey feature you wish to program, and press OK.
- From this point on, starting your vehicle with a MyKey will activate the restricted driving mode you've programmed.
- Speed limit restriction and minders:
Restrict the top speed not to exceed 80 mph.
Set vehicle speed minders that trigger visible and audible warnings at a preselected speed of 45, 55 or 65 mph.
- "Always On" settings for:
Do Not Disturb
- Maximum audio volume of 45%.