Which SYNC®* Navigation map version do I have?
To get started, confirm which SYNC generation you have using the resources below, and then select the appropriate drop-down option.
Identifying Your Vehicle's SYNC Generation
There are two resources to help you identify your vehicle's SYNC generation:
- SYNC and Navigation Updates page, which allows you to enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Login with your Ford credentials, and select Check for update. Your current SYNC generation will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- SYNC Visual Reference Guide, which has example images of each generation of SYNC Ford has offered.
Identifying Your Vehicle's SYNC Navigation Map Version
SYNC 3 systems have the navigation map data stored inside the SYNC 3 module. To check your current map version:
- Press Settings on your SYNC screen.
- Select General.
- Select About SYNC.
Your Navigation Map version will be displayed.
SYNC with MyFord Touch
SYNC with MyFord Touch uses an SD card to store the navigation map data. To check your current version:
- Press Menu.
- Select Help.
- Select System Information.
Your Navigation map version will be displayed (a letter followed by a number).
SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
- Select the i hard button.
- Select System Info.
The map version will be displayed (a number followed by the letter X).Navigation "P" Version
- Select the MENU hard button.
- Press System Info.
The map version will be in the lower right corner (a number followed by the letter P).
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.