How do I enable or disable the Rear Occupant Alert System?
The Rear Occupant Alert System is enabled on new vehicles from the factory. See Rear Occupant Alert System for additional details about the system and how it functions.
Enabling/Disabling the Rear Occupant Alert System
- Select Settings on your vehicle's SYNC®* screen.
- Press Vehicle.
- Select the Rear Occupant Alert option.
- Choose your appropriate setting:
- Alert & Horn (if available) - Uses the horn, SYNC screen, and a chime in your vehicle to alert you.
- Alert Only - Uses the SYNC screen and a chime in your vehicle to alert you.
- Off - Turns the system off. You will receive no alerts.
- Child Seat Installed - Removes the need to buckle the rear seatbelt to trigger the system.
- If you have installed a child seat in the vehicle, you can enable the Child Seat Installed option.
- If you disable the system, you will receive a reminder twice a year asking if you want to turn the feature on.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.