Why is my Remote Start not working in FordPass™?
Before using the Remote Start feature of Vehicle Controls:
- Your vehicle must have SYNC/FordPass Connect (embedded modem).
- Your vehicle must be added to the app.
- Your vehicle must be activated.
If your Remote Start is not functioning, please:
- Ensure you are logged into FordPass with the correct Authorized Username.
- Make sure your vehicle is not in Deep Sleep Mode.
- Check your instrument cluster to see that Remote Start is turned “On".
- Navigate to Settings > Vehicle > Remote Start > System.
- Set Remote Start to “On".
- Confirm the hood and trunk are closed.
- Verify the Check Engine Light is off.
- Check the app message center for Check Engine light notifications.
- Check the vehicle dashboard for warning lights.
- Resolve any Check Engine light concerns to be able to use Remote Start via FordPass.
For additional assistance, please contact a Guide.