Why is Remote Start not working in FordPass®?
A few steps need to be taken for Remote Start will work with FordPass.
Before using the Remote Start feature:
- Your vehicle must have SYNC/FordPass Connect (embedded modem).
- Your vehicle must be added to the app.
- Your vehicle must be activated.
If your Remote Start is not functioning:
- Ensure you are logged into FordPass with the correct authorized username.
- Make sure your vehicle is not in Deep Sleep Mode.
- Check your instrument cluster to see that Remote Start is turned “On".
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Vehicle.
- Touch Remote Start.
- Select System.
- Set Remote Start to On.
- Confirm the hood and trunk are closed.
- Verify the Check Engine Light is off.
- Check the app message center for Check Engine Light notifications.
- Check the vehicle dashboard for warning lights.
- Resolve any Check Engine Light concerns
For additional assistance, contact a Guide.