Why is Remote Start not working in FordPass®*?
Remote Start requires certain actions to be completed before functioning properly.
Remote Start Set up
- Your vehicle must have FordPass® Connect (embedded modem).
- Your vehicle must be added to the FordPass App.
- Your FordPass Connect modem must be activated.
Remote Start Troubleshooting
- Ensure you are logged in to FordPass with the correct authorized username.
- Make sure your vehicle is not in Deep Sleep Mode.
- Check your instrument cluster to see that Remote Start is turned on.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Vehicle.
- Touch Remote Start.
- Select System.
- Set Remote Start to On.
- Confirm the hood and trunk are closed.
- Verify the Check Engine Light is off.
- Check the app message center for Check Engine Light notifications.
- Check the vehicle dashboard for warning lights.
- If the Check Engine Light is on, resolve vehicle concerns
For additional assistance, contact a Guide.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspots.
At purchase, the FordPass Connect modem is connected, sending vehicle data (e.g., diagnostics) to Ford. To disable, or for more information, see in-vehicle connectivity settings. Learn more at www.fordconnected.com.