Why is my Vehicle Location not working in the FordPass®* App?
If your vehicle's location is not updating, the location is not showing or the incorrect address is displaying, use the following troubleshooting steps:
Vehicle Location is Not Updating
- Confirm that you are on the Vehicle landing page of FordPass.
- Swipe down from the top of the page to force a refresh of your Vehicle Location.
- FordPass should display an Updated Just Now message above your Vehicle Location.
- If your screen does not show the Updated Just Now message, this is a symptom of a larger issue, such as a non-communicating modem.
- Verify if your other remote commands are working, such as:
- Remote Start**
- Lock and Unlock***
- If your other remote commands are successful, please select to contact a Guide for additional assistance.
Unable to Locate Your Vehicle
- Ensure that you have allowed the required app permissions in your vehicle's location settings.
- Android™**** Settings - Select Settings > Apps & Notifications > Scroll down and select Advanced > Permissions Manager > Location.
- Apple®***** Settings - Select Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Ensure Vehicle Location is enabled in your Connectivity Settings menu. See the Customer Connectivity Settings Overview topic for additional information.
Incorrect Location Showing
If your vehicle's location is incorrect, please select to contact a Guide for additional assistance.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Automatic transmission only.
***Remote lock/unlock requires power door locks.
****Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
*****Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.