Why did the Software Update not start for my Ford?
It could be as simple as the vehicle was not off, not in park, or the doors were open.
Requirements to Start a Software Update
The following items must be completed before attempting the next scheduled Software Update or you may receive an error message:
- Your vehicle is stopped and parked.
- Your parking brake is set.
- The update is scheduled for before or after 12 a.m. (not exactly 12 a.m.).
- Your vehicle's ignition is off.
- All your doors are closed.
- Your headlights are turned off.
- Your vehicle was driven for a minimum of 30 minutes before avoiding low battery.
Note: This will help ensure you have enough battery charge to complete the update, but is not a guarantee.
Important: If any of the above conditions are not met, you will receive a "Vehicle Not Updated" message on your SYNC®** screen. Address the reason contained in the message before the next scheduled update. If you are still receiving error messages for the failed update, contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 or select Start Chatting to chat online with a representative.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.