How to turn your vehicle into a WiFi hotspot
SYNC® with MyFord Touch® turns your WiFi®-enabled smartphone into an Internet access point for your passengers. They can go online while you drive and won’t disrupt your phone's connection to SYNC.27,48
- Enable WiFi on your phone and mobile devices (e.g., laptops, tablets, smartphones)
- Enable Bluetooth® on your mobile devices48
- Connect your paired phone
- Choose a security type that is supported by the mobile devices to be connected to the SYNC network: WEP, WPA, or WPA2
- Touch Settings.
- On the Settings menu, touch Settings, then touch Wireless & Internet.
- Touch WiFi Settings.
- Set Gateway Access Point Mode to On, then touch Gateway Access Point Settings.
- Select one of the Security Types: WEP, WPA, or WPA2. SYNC displays a security Passcode to allow client devices to join the SYNC WiFi network.
- On your mobile devices, select SYNC from the available networks and enter the SYNC Passcode exactly as shown (passcodes are case sensitive). Join the network as usual.