How to download SYNC with MyFord Touch software updates to a USB drive
- Activate your SYNC Owner account (if you haven’t already done so), by logging in and registering your vehicle
- Locate an empty USB drive that holds 2 GB or more of data and is not password-protected
Log in to your SYNC Owner account.
- Visit the SYNC Software Updates page.
If you see the notification, "You have an update available," choose Download SYNC Update
- Locate an empty USB drive that has at least 2 GB of free space and is not password protected.
When you have the USB drive ready, insert it into to your computer and choose Start Download Process. Follow the accompanying instructions on how to download the files and transfer them to your USB drive.
- Once you've successfully downloaded the files and transferred them to your USB drive, you'll need to take the loaded USB drive to your vehicle to install the software update files to SYNC