How do I pair my phone with SYNC®* Gen 1.1?
- Confirm Bluetooth®** is turned on for your device.
- Turn on discoverability on your phone. This is normally a timed function so you will want to work quickly to complete the pairing from this point.
- Press the PHONE button. The vehicle screen will attempt to connect to a previously paired phone, or if no phones have been previously paired, it will say no paired phone. Select the option to Add.
- When a message to begin pairing appears in the audio display, search for SYNC on your phone to start the pairing process.
- On the phone, go to the Bluetooth Settings and select SYNC. Some devices search automatically, such as an iPhone, but some devices may require you to search for a device.
- When your phone finds SYNC, select it. Depending on your software version, your phone may prompt you to enter the 6-digit PIN, or it may display the PIN automatically.
- The device should pair and you should receive a message that the pairing was successful.
- Watch the device and SYNC and answer any additional prompts or questions that either device asks.
- If a phone is deleted/removed from SYNC or SYNC is deleted/removed from a device, a new pairing will be required.
- The vehicle must be completely stopped (i.e. in park) to pair a phone.
- The pairing process can be different on each phone. Watching both the phone and the SYNC system for any messages is the best way to successfully pair a phone.
For specific information on your vehicle, refer to your Owner's Manual.
Back to Pairing a phone with SYNC
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.