Activating the Wi-Fi hotspot in your Ford
Before you can activate your vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot, you’ll need to do three things:
- Download the FordPass® App* from the App Store® or Google Play™
- Activate your in-vehicle modem**
- Sign up for a complimentary Wi-Fi hotspot data trial,† no credit card required – powered by AT&T
How to sign up for a complimentary Wi-Fi hotspot data trial
- Open the FordPass App
- Select either the image of your vehicle or the Vehicle tab to access the FordPass vehicle menu
- From the vehicle menu, select Features & Settings
- Next, select WiFi Hotspot, then WiFi settings – which will direct you to the AT&T connected vehicle page
- Follow the steps provided on the connected vehicle page to begin your complimentary trial or to register for an alternative AT&T plan
Once you’ve finished signing up, head to your vehicle to turn on your built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
How to activate your Wi-Fi hotspot
Start your vehicle and select Settings on your center console SYNC®†† display. Then:
- Find and open the Wi-Fi & Hotspot menu
- Select Vehicle Hotspot
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi hotspot is toggled ON
- While you're still on the Vehicle Hotspot screen, select Settings to locate your Service Set Identifier (SSID) name (a.k.a. the name of your Wi-Fi hotspot) and password (you’ll need both your SSID and password later)
- While you're still on the Settings screen, select Edit and confirm that Wi-Fi Visibility is toggled ON
Once you’ve completed the setup process, try connecting a Wi-Fi enabled device to make sure everything’s working properly.
How to connect a device to your vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot
You can access your Wi-Fi hotspot from up to 50 feet outside your vehicle, connect up to 10 devices at once.
To connect a device:
- Turn on your device’s Wi-Fi
- Locate your device’s list of available Wi-Fi networks
- Select the name of your vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot SSID
- When prompted, enter your SSID password
- Select Join or Connect
To verify your connection, open a website on your preferred web browser.
What Do I Do If I Am Having Issues With The WiFi HotSpot?
*FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply
**FordPass Connect, (optional on select vehicles), [SYNC Connect for 2017/2018 model year vehicles)] [, the FordPass App.,] and FordPass Connect Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Service is now complimentary for remote features excluding Wi-Fi hotspot. Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features.
†Wi-Fi hotspot includes complimentary wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3GB of data is used, whichever comes first. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford.
††Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.