How do I set map preferences with SYNC®* 3 Navigation?
Map mode can show advanced viewing options of 2-D city maps, 3-D landmarks, and 3-D city models (when available). Tap one of the following icons to change your view of the map:
- Zoom In displays a closer view of the map.
- Zoom Out displays a more distant view of the map. You can adjust the zoom views in preset increments, as well as pinch to zoom in or out of the map.
- North Up shows the northern direction facing the top of the screen.
- Heading Up shows the direction of forward travel facing the top of the screen.
- 3-D displays an elevated perspective of the map, which can help orient you to your destination as you drive. This icon also displays advanced 3-D views of landmarks and city models (when available).
- Re-center to re-center the map after you’ve scrolled the map away from your vehicle’s current location.
After choosing your destination, press Start Route. The system will guide you to your destination.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.