How do I reverse pair a phone with SYNC®* 3?
Before pairing your phone and SYNC using Reverse Pairing, verify the following:
- Your phone's Bluetooth®** is turned on.
- Your phone is in discoverable mode.
- The vehicle must be completely stopped (e.g. in park) to pair a phone.
Note: The pairing process can be different on each phone. Watching both the phone and the SYNC system for any messages is the best way to successfully pair a phone.
Reverse Pairing Your Phone with SYNC 3
- Turn on Bluetooth on the phone or device.
- Turn on discoverability on the phone or device. This is normally a timed function so you will want to work quickly to complete the pairing from this point.
- Press the Settings button then Phone and select Add Bluetooth Device.
- Select Discover Other Bluetooth Devices and then select your device name from the list.
- On the phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and select SYNC.
- Depending on your software version, your phone may prompt you to enter the 6-digit PIN or it may display the PIN automatically. Confirm that the PIN matches.
- The device should pair and you should receive a message that the pairing was successful.
Note: Watch both your device and your SYNC screen and answer any additional prompts or questions that either device asks.
Back to Reverse Pairing a Phone
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
**The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.