When should I service my Ford vehicle's engine?
It’s important to be on the lookout for key signs that your engine may need service, such as leaking fluids, smoke, and loud noises. At the first indication of engine trouble, be sure to schedule a service appointment with your Ford Dealer.
Top Signs your Vehicle May Need Service
If you notice any of the symptoms below, schedule a service appointment with your local dealership immediately:
- Engine leaking fluids
- Loud engine noises
- Smoke escaping from beneath the hood
- Visible damage to an engine component
- Dashboard engine icon not lighting up when the engine starts
- Dashboard engine icon lighting up when the engine starts, but not turning off
Benefits of Regular Engine Maintenance
Your local dealership plays a vital role in the life of your engine, which extends beyond the occasional repair. Bring your vehicle to the dealership for an evaluation before problems occur to help ensure your safety and peace of mind while on the road. A properly maintained vehicle lasts longer and runs more efficiently than one that isn’t maintained. Learn more about the benefits of scheduling maintenance at your dealership.
More reasons to keep your engine properly tuned:
- Gas mileage improved by up to 4%
- Fuel efficiency improved by up to 40% if a serious maintenance problem is fixed, such as a faulty oxygen sensor
- Can help enhance operation and reliability
- Can help prevent unexpected failures
Refer to your Owner's Manual under the Maintenance section and the Ford Maintenance Schedule for specific scheduled maintenance information for your vehicle.
Sources: fueleconomy.gov, epa.gov.