What is the recommended engine oil for my Ford?
Ford recommends using Motorcraft®* motor oil for your Ford vehicle. Using the right oil helps keep your vehicle’s engine clean, reduces overall wear, and maximizes performance.
Recommended engine oil specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual under Capacities and Specifications.
Alternatively, you can refer to Ford's Chemicals and Lubricants website to find the recommended transmission fluid type.
- Access FCSD Chemicals and Lubricants Quick Reference Charts.
- Scroll down until you see the LUBRICANTS heading.
- Click on the PDF icon next to Motorcraft®* Oil Quick Reference Oil Applications And Crankcase Capacities Charts.
- Once downloaded, open the PDF.
- There are multiple tables based on oil type. Locate your vehicle model and engine size in the left column of one of the tables.
Note: To find your vehicle's engine size, refer to your vehicle's window sticker.
- Model years appear on the right side of the table. If the box under your vehicle's model year is shaded, the recommended Motorcraft oil type, filter, and refill amount at the top of the table are the ones your vehicle uses.
The below image shows that a 2016 2.3L Focus RS takes SAE 5W-50 Motorcraft oil, has a 5.4-quart capacity, and uses a Motorcraft FL910S oil filter.
*Motorcraft is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.