How often should I change the engine air filter in my Ford?
Ford Motor Company recommends that you replace the engine air filter every 15,000-30,000 miles, depending on your vehicle model.
You may want to replace your filter more often if you:
- Drive on dirt roads or in excessively dusty conditions.
- See dirt and/or debris in the filter.
- Experience a rough idle or sluggish acceleration.
- Experience decreased fuel efficiency.
Using a Factory-Approved Engine Air Filter
When you use a Ford Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Motorcraft®* air filter, you are using a replacement part that is specifically made for your vehicle.
These filters offer benefits, including:
- More than 98% efficient in stopping dust.
- Tight, leak-proof polyurethane seals.
- Extreme temperature resistance.
*Motorcraft is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.