How do I troubleshoot the Trailer Light Check feature for my Ford?
To use the Trailer Light Check feature in the FordPass®* App, you must:
- Have a compatible 2021 and later F-150** vehicle.
- Add your vehicle to FordPass.
- Activate your FordPass® Connect*** modem.
- Enable your vehicle's Connectivity Settings.
- Turn on your vehicle's ignition and remain in park.
- Ensure that your battery is in good status.
- Turn off any lights including brake lights, blinkers, hazard lights, and exterior lights.
If your Trailer Light Check fails to complete after meeting the requirements mentioned above, please do the following:
- Check Trailer wiring harness connection at vehicle.
- Check trailer tow fuses in power distribution box. Note: Please refer to your owner’s manual.
- Perform an inspection on trailer lamps.
- Replace faulty bulb.
In the event the steps above do not resolve your concern, please contact a Guide for additional assistance.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Feature is vehicle trim level specific.
***FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App, and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Services and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services exclude Wi-Fi hotspot.