How do I set up Phone As A Key™* with the FordPass™** app?
In order to use Phone As A Key with FordPass, you must:
- Have the app downloaded to your device.
- Have an active FordPass account and be logged in.
- Have a properly equipped vehicle added to the app.
- Have either facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, or a passcode set up on your mobile device.
- Enable your Customer Connectivity Settings (CCS).
- Authorize your embedded modem.
- Enable your phone's Bluetooth®.
- Bluetooth version must be 4.2+.
- Supported mobile device running Android™ 8.0+ or iOS 13.0+.
- Open the FordPass app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to Home.
- Select Setup Phone as a Key.
- Tap Set Up Now.
- The User Authentication screen should display.
- Select Continue.
- The app will request access to your device's security for authentication using one of the following methods (this may vary based on your security settings):
- Facial recognition
- Fingerprint scanning
- Passcode/Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- If you do not have a method of security set up on your device, FordPass will request for you to create a passcode in your Settings app.
- After authentication is complete, name your key.
- Special characters are not allowed
- Maximum key length is 16 characters
- Tap Next.
- Your key should begin to download.
- Select Copy and Continue to save your Temporary Bluetooth Passcode.
- A pairing notification will appear and prompt you to enter your code.
- Paste or manually enter your code.
- Select Pair or OK.
- A success page confirming completion will appear.
- Select OK.
- Once Phone As A Key setup is complete, you should see the additional controls on the Home tab.
Note: You can add a maximum of four keys per vehicle.
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
Apple, iOS, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.